Introduction!

 Hello! 

I am currently a masters student in philosophy at the University of Alberta and I am interested in feminist philosophy, existentialism, queer phenomenology, and more specifically lesbian phenomenology. I am a non-binary lesbian, originally from Austin Texas, and have been eating a plant based diet for over 6 years now! I received my Undergraduate degree in philosophy from the University of Texas at Austin in 2021. I recently moved to Canada, with my little dog named Reid, in the fall of 2021 to pursue my masters degree at the University of Alberta and to be with my lovely partner. I hope to stay in Canada for my doctorate as well! 

My favourite philosophers/authors, at the moment, include Sara Ahmed, bell hooks, Judith Butler, Merleau-Ponty, and Frantz Fanon. Within my research I really aim to be as inclusive as possible and I make sure that I am seeing things from every perspective that I can. This includes, but is not limited to, perspectives from queer/gender-non conforming, indigenous, disability, Black, fat, and folks of other marginalized identities' communities and their unique experiences, as well as their intersectional experiences. I am always trying to educate myself on each and every one of these identities and how they influence their perspectives of the world. 

If you would like to contact me my email is myoungma@ualberta.ca I would love to chat about all things philosophy! Thanks! :)

Comments

Popular Posts